QA/QC Vacancy In Onne,Port Harcourt:GE
posted on 2011-09-07 | by Admin | 2858 views
QC/QA VACANCY IN GE : QA/QC ENGINEER JOB IN NIGERIA
Job Title: QA/QC Engineer
Location: Onne, Nigeria
Job Number: 1429935
Business GE Energy
Business Segment: Energy - Oil & Gas
Posted Position Title: QA/QC Engineer
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Manufacturing Quality
Relocation Assistance Yes
- The QA/QC Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
- He/She will integrate and develop processes that meet overall business needs, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy, provide quality leadership and direction to cross-functional team empowered to execute operational tasks and use tools to improve process capability and eliminate defects.
- -Collates and provides quality metrics, statistics and trend analysis on GRR, CCR, COQ, audit findings, workshop activities etc.
- -Establishes proper QC check in the facility through monitoring & witnessing of pressure testing, NDT & verification of vendor supplied items.
- -Carries out inspection (incoming & rig return) and quality surveys per stated procedures and ensure procedures and VGS specifications are followed in all operations and workshop activities.
- -Ensures timely delivery of equipments required for offshore operations by instituting checks to verify all documentations, test & inspection certificates are valid and provided, and open issues are closed and complete.
- -Works closely with Quality Manager by assisting and ensuring all parameters are in place for the sustenance of ISO 9001:2008 certification in the region.
- -Actively participates in incident investigation, carries out root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions and shares lessons learnt.
- -Responsible for meeting customer/business needs as well as produce quality reports.
- -Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or applied science.
- - At least 5 years of experience in QA/QC function or in a Process Improvement position.
- -Knowledge and certification in welding, fabrication & quality inspection.
- -Ability to interpret specifications and drawings and review quality processes.
- -Additional leadership experience in the areas of Operations, Manufacturing, or Quality.
- -Proficiency in the use of Quality Assurance manual and general knowledge of QMS principles.
- -A good understanding of applicable oil industry codes and standards.
- -Executive level presentation skills
- -Demonstrated ability to excel in all customer service areas
- -Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- -Good knowledge of hydraulics or electrical/electronics (for the Controls QA/QC Engineer)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Safety
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|