Procurement Assistant Jobs At MSH In Abuja April, 2012
posted on 2012-04-20 | by Admin | 1045 views
MANAGEMENT SCIENCE FOR HEALTH JOB OPPORTUNITIES
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
JOB LOCATION: ABUJA
- Assist with the preparation of procurement plan.
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services.
- Tracks all PRs, for both local purchases and those requested through Cambridge
- Conduct Market Research to determine price reasonableness.
- Responsible for collection of proforma invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval.
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed.
- Assist in conducting vendor sourcing and documentation of vendor documents.
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the donor and MSH.
- Assures delivery and pickup of PO for collection of goods.
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor.
- Regularly up dates the supervisor of all partial and full delivery of procured goods.
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Does quarterly or 6 month reviews of pre approved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Ensure that items received conform to the required quality as specified in the LPO.
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Inform supervisor immediately if asked to compromise integrity by any vendor or other.
- University degree in purchasing or related field.
- Three years experience in procurement with demonstrated interest in building a career in procurement.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Experience in a USG or donor funded project or NGO preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- English fluency including business terminology required.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date : 30 / 04 / 2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Procurement
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|