Human Resources Job Vacancy July, 2012
posted on 2012-07-10 | by Admin | 940 views
[THIS JOB HAS BEEN MODIFIED AFTER ITS FIRST POST!!!]
WORLD BANK VACANCIES IN ABIDJAN
JOB #: 121544
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
JOB LOCATION: ABIDJAN, COTE D IVOIRE
APPOINTMENT: LOCAL HIRE
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: ENGLISH AND FRENCH
The World Bank’s Human Resources team for Africa aspires to create an open, merit based environment that enables people to perform their best in service to the World bank mission.
As part of the World Bank’s Human Resources team for Africa, the Human Resources Officer (HRO) will provide quality human resource support to managers and staff in the Bank’s country offices located in West and Central Africa -provide support initially to country offices in Cote d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo, Cameroon, Central African Republic , Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. As a member of a global business partners team, the HRO is expected to lead the implementation of workforce strategies and plans in the Country Offices listed above, to design and deliver HR products and services for human capital and business outcome as well as to provide world class delivery of HR services to staff.
This locally recruited position will be based in the World Bank’s Country Office in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The HR Officer will work in concert with team colleagues based in Washington and in other country offices in Africa to support key HR initiatives and programs within a number of offices including implementation of the compensation system, recruitment, performance management, training and staff development. In addition, the HR Officer is responsible for identifying, developing and implementation of business solutions for various workplace issues.
This is a locally recruited position that does NOT entail expatriation benefits. Local staff salary and benefits will apply.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year renewable term appointment.
- Serve as an advisor to clients, staff and managers on a wide range of HR-related initiatives, programs, services and issues.
- Advise and assist managers in strategic staffing taking into account existing and anticipated work requirements and institutional goals/objectives, e.g. analyze and advise on appropriate staffing levels, skills mix, work force diversity, etc.
- Advise and support in the design and implementation of organizational effectiveness interventions, facilitation, development and management of high performing teams.
- Advise and assist in staff recruitment, including job definition, interview process, selection/appointment of candidates staff reassignment, exit strategies and processes, etc.
- Work directly with staff members in the Bank’s Country offices on basic skill/learning needs assessments, and contribute to design and implementation of customized learning interventions.
- Mobilize resources from the HR Team and other units within HRS and outside as required, to support effective HR management in the client area.
- Advise managers and staff on effective career and performance management, and take the lead in identifying, assessing and resolving issues, problems, and conflicts, drawing on other Bank resources as appropriate.
- Contribute in implementing the corporate HR Agenda.
THE ROLE OF THE HR OFFICER IMPLIES FREQUENT INTERACTION WITH THE FOLLOWING:
Client managers, including Directors or equivalent level, and staff at all levels in Washington and in the country offices.
Colleagues in HR, Resource Management, Legal, Staff Association, Office of Mediation, Office of Business Ethics and Integrity, etc.
- The successful candidate should possess a Master’s degree in HR or related field and have a minimum of 5 years’ significant experience as a hands-on HR generalist. Prior experience in recruitment, training, performance management, management coaching and HR consulting is desirable. Candidates with prior experience working in international organizations or multi-national corporations are encouraged to apply.
- Other requirements include excellent communications skills in French (desired) and English (required) high proficiency in Computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc) and effective facilitation skills.
- Sound knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify and implement business related HR interventions, and ability to maximize the value added resources available within HRS in order to provide high quality client services
- Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to “roll-up your sleeves” to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation
- Excellent team skills, ability to collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated excellent communication and conflict resolution skills, and
- Ability to create trusting working relationships/partnerships within and across units.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 18-Jul-2012.
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Administrative
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|