Job Vacancies At Oando Oil And Gas In Nigeria July-August, 2012
posted on 2013-03-13 | by Admin | 1918 views
[THIS JOB HAS BEEN MODIFIED AFTER ITS FIRST POST!!!]
JOB VACANCIES AT OANDO OIL & GAS
JOB TITLE: ATTORNEY
JOB LOCATION: NIGERIA
- The Attorney shall work within the Legal Services Shared Services Centre (SSC) and will primarily be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support on the Finance aspects of various legal transactions, corporate projects/assignments regarding theando Group as well as legal support lon M&A transactions and legal support for the Shared Services Units, oando Foundation, Corporate Secretariat and the Engineering and Technology organization (ETO) departments within the Group, and any other entity as requested/directed by the Chief Legal officer or the Finance Advisor.
- The Attorney will be responsible for daily transaction processing e.g. as relates to the preparation and review of contracts, legal opinions etc. In addition, the Attorney will provide project administration support, project work plan monitoring, status report preparation, project documentation and filing in addition to handling assigned responsibilities.
- The Attorney shall be responsible for the processing of legal transactions in line with the overall philosophy and strategy of the Group regarding legal advisory matters and ensures that all practices, policies and business activities handled fall within the bounds of the Group’s legal posture.
- The Attorney shall provide transaction and operational support and practical advice, geared towards the effective and efficient management of the legal needs of each transaction/assignment handled.
- Executes work/implements best practices for legal services on assigned transactions.
- Processes legal transactions prepares and reviews legal opinions and agreements as may be requested of users from time to time.
- Attends meetings and negotiates contracts with third parties and or members of other and or entities, Corporate Finance, the Shared Services Units,and or Foundation or ETO, with regard to the respective transactions or projects as the case may be.
- Liaise with Group Finance, Group Treasury, external solicitors and external financial advisors on ongoing Finance or M&A transactions.
- Liase with Tax Department on Tax compliance requirements and Tax aspects of transactions.
- Writes basic letters, files, updates and archives legal documents and case folders.
- Maintains and periodically updates the databases maintained by the Legal Services department.
- 1st degree in Law BL
- 4 years legal work experience either from a reputable law firm or within the Legal Department of a reputable and structured business environment
- Significant experience in Finance and/or Tax is required
- Some experience in mergers and acquisitions would be an added advantage
- Ability to perform basic/general legal analysis
- Strong & effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Ability to plan and execute complex assignments under pressure
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics
- Good basic understanding of oando’s business
- Knowledge of the local, national and international laws and regulations pertaining to the various industries in which the Group’s businesses operate
- Negotiation and Contract Management.
- Legal Documentation
- Basic Accounting
- Commercial awareness, business acumen and entrepreneurial skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Strong communication and basic presentation skills
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 1 / 08 / 2012.
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Oil and Gas
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|