GE Oil And Gas Engineering Job Fair In Nigeria July-August, 2012
posted on 2012-07-27 | by Admin | 1812 views
GE OIL AND GAS VACANCIES IN NIGERIA
JOB TITLE: CONTROLS LEAD FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
JOB NUMBER: 1498345
At GE Oil and Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil and Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
The Lead Field Service Engineer will be in charge of pre-defined operation, installation, maintenance, testing, adjustment troubleshooting proactive support and representation and technical assistance based on good engineering, manufacturing, installation and operation practices as applicable to upstream oil exploration/production equipment and in accordance with contractual work scope requirements.
- Operation, Installation, maintenance, commissioning, health check and trouble shooting of any of the
- Following two product line (Subsea Controls Software and Subsea Controls hardware) in accordance with the company’s recommended procedures, methods & guides
- Demonstrated competence L2 in operation, offshore deployment, troubleshooting and testing of the following equipment’s, (SCM, HPU, MCS, PC, SEM, ETU, UTA, PLC, with experience on SNEPCO tree, EDP/LRP system, HFL/EFL and Jumper installation, Rigless Intervention. etc.)
- Demonstrate supervisory, leadership and mentorship acumen, with problem solving and analytical mind-set.
- Comprehensive job pre-planning including all logistics, tooling, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) & technical work scopes applicable to assignments.
- Use of company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of Materials, drawings, prior job reports etc.
- Proactive interface between all functions of the company and our customers concerning Technical, operational & EHS challenges as applicable to any Field assignment
- Performing Coaching of entry level FSE’s asses their technical competences and make appropriate recommendations
- Carrying out root cause analysis on incidents and present report-out.
- Analyzing or contributing to analysis and update of operating service procedures (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation.
- Timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking.
- Safe & compliant performance of all activities in line with the company’s and our customer’s environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Maintaining a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive & professional approach
- Working on rotation of 28/28 or 42/14 or adhoc, with tendency to extended work shifts if required
- Tracking and ordering spares as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager
- Good knowledge of English language
- Strong years Subsea/Offshore/Land rig experience with Vetco Equipment’s
- Completed requirement for entry and professional level FSE certification.
- Qualified as Lead FSE in GE Career ladder
- Demonstrated personnel management and leadership skills
- Excellent Customer relations skills
- Served as the primary customer interface on at least 5 jobs
- Lead pre-job preparation efforts and briefs and conducted post-job debrief.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Safety & Integrity Role Model with demonstrated ability to positively influence others
- Recognized and sought after for having a high level of competence in assigned Product Line(s).
- Ability to analyze and update Operating Service Procedure (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation
- Able to carry out route cause analysis on incidents and present report-outs
- Demonstrated consistency in use of Wels/Epims/Pre-Job Planning
- Perform coaching of entry and professional level FSE’s asses their technical competence and make appropriate recommendations
- Flawless Integrity & Safety Record
- Ability to analyze and update Operating Service procedure (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation
- Knowledge of operation, installation and / or maintenance exploration & production equipment on Offshore and Subsea.
- Certified to work in an offshore environment
Controls Engineer, Energy, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level, Environmental Health & Safety, Field Engineer, Field Service, Healthcare, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineer, Marketing, Offshore Oil, SEM, Technology, Testing
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 08 /08 /2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Engineering
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|