Project Manager Vacancies In Nigeria August, 2012
posted on 2012-08-03 | by Admin | 605 views
GVA PARTNERS CURRENT VACANCIES
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: NIGERIA
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study. Five years of project management experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and at least seven years of project management experience with three years of increasing responsibilities.
- A minimum of 8 years Project Management Experience.
- Must have experience working in PMO’s.
- Understanding of Network or Infrastructure technologies is required.
- PMP, ITIL, Six Sigma or similar is required.
- Must have Excellent MS Office skills.
- Experience working in Enterprise level companies is ideal.
- Experience with Cisco technologies is ideal.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe sustainability working practices
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to junior colleagues.
- Comfortable and Capable of Leading Teams
- Capable of Managing Cross Functional Teams and Multiple Projects
- Capable of reading drawings and schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates who meet the above requirements should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 13 /08 /2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Managerial
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|