CUSO International Jobs In Nigeria August, 2012
posted on 2012-08-06 | by Admin | 1074 views
[THIS JOB HAS BEEN MODIFIED AFTER ITS FIRST POST!!!]
CUSO INTERNATIONAL VACANCIES
JOB TITLE: SMALL BUSINESS ADVISOR
JOB LOCATION: CROSS RIVER STATE
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Fluency in English - level 4-5
- To self-assess your level please click here
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is a non-profit development organization that works through volunteers. Each year, we send hundreds of global citizens to work on collaborative development projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. We are one of North America’s leading international development organizations that works through volunteers.
ABOUT THE PARTNER ORGANIZATION
The Mary Slessor Foundation (MSF) aims to serve the youth, women, and men of approximately 40 communities surrounding the Akpap Odukpani Area of Cross River State. The adopted approach is providing teaching and training at the Vocational Training center to transfer the necessary skills for generating income from the agricultural processing of palm fruit and cassava. The Center also trains students in Fashion & Design, Carpentry, and Mechanical Engineering & Metal Welding. MSF plans to expand into other vocational trades such as Electrical Engineering and Information and Communications Technology (ICT). Adopting a holistic approach to the community needs, the Centre also operates a Health Clinic with a doctor, nurse, and pharmacist.
THE VOLUNTEER’S ROLE
Overall placement purpose and specific volunteer placement objectives:
MSF would immensely benefit from the placement of an experienced entrepreneur who also understands Organizational Development, and who is able to support the development and implementation of strategic plans, as well as to implement and train staff on business best practices in both the Agricultural Processing Mill and Vocational Training Center.
- Train local staff (and students) in business and entrepreneurship skills introduce a range of tools to increase their income and the revenue generated by MSF through contract work
- Provide support and training in efficient and effective management operations at the Agricultural Processing Mill.
- Train and mentor staff in best administrative practices, organizational development and strategic planning (including all stakeholders).
- Support the set-up of a resource library related to entrepreneurship, business & communication.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or related field and experience working in an entrepreneurial environment or as owner/manager of a small business
- Experience in Organizational Development and in leadership roles
- Experience in management, marketing, market research and sales
- Resourcefulness, strategic thinking, creative problem solving and basic financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience training, teaching or in mentoring role
- MBA with focus on developing countries, social entrepreneurship, small business and/or Certificate in Project Management, Leadership, Communication, etc
- Experience in innovative product development
Note: In order to meet Nigeria’s work permit restrictions, volunteers must be under 58 years of age.
TRAINING AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Our training and support package covers the costs of being an overseas volunteer, allowing you to enjoy a modest but healthy lifestyle while you volunteer abroad. This includes:
- Attendance at a Cuso International assessment day (candidates must cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with pre-departure training.
- Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency).
- Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and comprehensive health insurance.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- A modest living allowance, which varies depending on the country where you are placed
- Quarterly payments to support you in your placement
- Modest support for accompanying partners
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date : 24 August 2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Administrative
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|