JOB TITLE: SHIPPING CLERK
JOB REF: FSN-06
JOB LOCATION: ABUJA
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for
the position of Administrative/Transport Assistant in the Overseas Building Operations
JOB FUNCTION :
The incumbent arranges for and facilitates the in-coming and out-going shippments and
customs clearance of household and personal effects. Privately owned vehicles (POV),
construction equipment and materials and other properties of OBO personnel. She/he
will also process VAT for OBO and the contractor.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will
not be considered.
1. University Degree in Transportation, Commerce, Marketing, Accounting, Banking &
Finance, Purchasing & Supply. Sociology, Economics, Communication or Logistics
2. At least two to four years of progressively responsible experience in Transportation,
Logistics, Shipping, Warehousing of large numbers of ocean going and air freighting
containers or a closely related field is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required.
4. A good working knowledge of the host country’s customs, regulations and procedures
5. Must be Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and
6. Must have typing skills of (20 wpm).
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application. ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status
in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report
are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed
(WAE) work schedule
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application
will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174) or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174 plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned)
that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this
position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or applying online below
Closing Date: 20 /08 /2012
Job Category: Secretarial
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|