JOB LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT,LAGOS, ABUJA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: PERMANENT
1) Contributes to the bottom line by creatively exploring opportunities and devising new and efficient tax-savings scheme(s) that can be adopted to minimize tax exposures on contracts and new business ventures.
2) Advises management on the tax implications and exposures of proposed business ventures and provides alternative solutions based on thorough analyses of the tax laws and pronouncements.
3) Effective management and supervision of staff of the department including the PSC Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax Accountants and Tax Planning & Advisory Accountant to ensure effective discharge of their duties as well as prompt and accurate rendition of reports and tax computations.
4) Periodically intimates management of any amendment(s) in legislation and ensures the practical implementation in the accounting reporting modules.
5) Reviews and communicates the likely impact (financial and otherwise) of amendments proposed to fiscal legislation on existing and new businesses of the company.
6) Ensures accurate interpretation of the tax requirements in business and economic models
7) Responsible for compliance with SOX controls on Tax and joint SOX controls with Corporate Reporting
8) Creates new tax models for the specialised reporting for the commencement of oil production first oil for new producing fields.
9) Effective communication with partners in producing PSC and PSA and response to queries raised by the Partners with regard to tax computations.
10) Extensive research on the possible tax positions of gas downstream businesses post tax holiday period under the existing and proposed tax legislations.
11) Policy Advocacy through active participation in relevant tax committees and groups in the companys sub-sector and generally for the provision of inputs and suggestions to Federal Government and relevant agencies.
12) Ensures timely payment of all taxes and efficient custody of all tax correspondences and official receipts by the responsible Tax units.
13) Validates the accuracy of tax liabilities reported to the various levels of Government for compliance.
14) Develops and maintains adequate working relationship and effective liaison with FIRS and SIRS officials for the benefit of the company with respect to tax queries and responses.
15) Participates in the OPTS meetings and ad-hoc committees to address industry wide contentious tax issues.
Closing Date: 21 / 08 /2012
Job Category: Accounting
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|