LE III Social Secretary/Residence Manager Jobs In Nigeria August, 2012
posted on 2012-08-10 | by Admin | 1479 views
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION VACANCY IN ABUJA
JOB TITLE: : LE III SOCIAL SECRETARY/RESIDENCE MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: NIGERIA
The British High Commission is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to work in its busy Corporate Services section. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day management of the Chancery residence and supervision of other residence staff.
- Management of the High Commissioner’s residence including: Organising the residence and High Commissioner’s social diary in close liaison with the High Commissioner’s residence manager in Lagos and his personal assistant in Abuja as well close liaison with the general management section on maintenance, furnishings and security matters.
- Organising and preparing for all events hosted by the High Commissioner: including planning, preparing and estimation of provision needed for many guests (occasionally up to 1000 guests). Arranging menus and shopping for supplies with staff, writing and sending out invitations, receiving replies/RSVPs, engaging extra staff for decorations, lighting &music supervision of staff and managing stock during functions as well as ensuring that guest always feel welcome and comfortable.
- Management of Frais Account and stocks: Replenishing imprest held as at when due, maintaining monthly stock of food, drinks and miscellaneous stock held at the residence. Ensuring value for money purchases, and eliminating waste.
- Administration: General office administration, including ordering of stationery, photocopying and filing. Management and mentoring of four residence staff, identifying training needs as well as organising staff leave and general welfare.
- The High Commission is looking for someone with good oral and written communication skills which are essential. The successful candidate should be able to work quickly and accurately, often under pressure, have a positive approach to tackling problems and demonstrate initiative & good judgement. Other important qualities required are the ability to build good relationships with external stakeholders, and the ability to deliver excellent results under tight deadlines while paying attention to details.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment is an added advantage as excellent IT usage proficiency will be needed in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This is a full time position. BHC opening hours is from 8.00am – 4.00pm, Mondays to Thursdays and 8.00am – 1.00pm on Fridays. The job will be graded LEIII with a starting monthly gross salary of N287, 490.00 including allowances. Successful candidates who are not liable to pay Nigerian tax will be subject to a 10% notional tax deduction on the basic salary. The salary will be paid Naira.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should be sent to:
Human Resources Assistant
British High Commission Abuja
19 Torrens Close
Applications should include a full curriculum vitae and a typed written covering letter in support of the application. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Telephone applications and enquiries will not be entertained. Only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted in the commencing 20th of August 2012
Closing Date: 13 /08 /2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Secretarial
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|