World Health Organization Job Vacancies In Nigeria August-September, 2012
posted on 2012-08-24 | by Admin | 2104 views
JOB VACANCIES AT WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
JOB LOCATION: NIGERIA
The mission of the WHO Nigeria Country Office is to promote the attainment of the highest sustainable level of health by all people living in Nigeria through collaboration with the government and other partners in health development and the provision of technical and logistic support to country programmes.
- Monitor and ensure that the requirements of the payment and reporting processes are being met in line with established time-lines as per the payment guidelines Make required modifications and/or addenda to the payment guidelines when instructed to do so
- Prepare payment instructions and related correspondence for submission to the Bank for preparation of cheques and cash required for programme implementation Prepare information and related correspondence for submission to the Bank regarding changes to payment instructions that have previously been communicated to the Bank Review and reconciliation of cash book and bank statements.
- Process the release of programme funds as per the approved budget up-date and monitor purchase order balances, ensure all expenses are charged to correct purchase order and award
- monitor receipts and disbursement of funds monitor cash levels and initiates action for replenishment prepare vouchers and financial reports submit monthly imprest report in timely manner with accurate back-up documentation provide feedback to programmes on utilization if funds and status of funding
- Manage the EPI NIDs Payment Mechanism in the State of assignment.
- Provide administrative support for all Programmes in the State and for the day-to-day management of the office
- Handle administrative arrangement for meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences
- Liaise with hotels, airlines and travel agents on protocol issues involving travel of staff members and WHO consultants
- Ensure timely procurement of, and payment for, required goods and services ensure maintenance of WHO goods and property maintain up-dated inventory records of WHO property
- Advise WHO staff on administrative, program and protocol matters in accordance with WHO rules and procedures monitor and follow up on leave, contract and other personnel matters.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by a University degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. Good knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- At least 5 years experience commensurate with the duties of the posts and its grade in an international, public or private organization of repute.
- Good knowledge of Accounting and related disciplines. Must be computer literate and familiar with MS Windows applications for word and data processing.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Experience in working with bilateral or` multilateral International Organizations in the country.
- Knowledge of other WHO official Languages (French/Portuguese) will be an added advantage.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 3 September 2012.
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Administrative
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|