Brunel Energy Nigeria Recruitment August, 2012
posted on 2012-08-24 | by Admin | 1978 views
BRUNEL ENERGY CURRENT VACANCIES
JOB TITLE: SUBSEA CONTROLS ENGINEER (VC23054)
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil and Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
Role: Lead Engineer for Subsea Controls. Scope includes design, fabrication, FAT testing, SRT Testing, SIT Testing, installation support, static commissioning, commissioning and startup of the control system.
- Reviews and provides EM guidance to Contractor design efforts
- Meets the design requirements by participating and advising Contractor in Design reviews, HAZOPs, Risk Analysis and FMECAs
- Maintains a high standard of quality and reliability by monitoring performance and taking action when necessary
- Stewards and influences timely and effective resolution of contractor’s interfaces
- Develops software logic and safety logic together with EM Operations
- Develops System P&IDs with Contractor/EM Operations
- Develops System C&E and Interlock Schedules with Contractor/ EM operations
- Develops FDS for the MCS software with Contractor/EM Operations
- Develops FDS for SPCU, HPU and SESD3 equipment with Contractor/EM Operations
- Participates in development of FDS for IWOCs
- Reviews Contractors Quality/Test and Inspection Plans
- Reviews Contractor’s technical deliverables, specifications, drawings, DFO etc.
- Monitors activities and information flow particular to interface management—identify potential problems and aid development of recommendations.
- Reviews/Assists in development of Contractors’ FAT, EFAT, SRT and SIT procedures.
- Assists Contractor in developing the Insurance, Installation and commissioning and 2 year operating Spares requirements.
- Visits Contractor’s locations periodically, to review component testing thro to FAT of completed equipment.
- Works closely with Contractor/Operations in the software testing to identify compliance with specification requirements/interlocks and C&E requirements.
- Participates in Subsea Controls/Umbilicals SIT at Contractors locations.
- Works closely with Contractor/EM Operations in the development of the Static Commissioning Procedure and
- Participates with the Installation Group/Installation contractor in the installation of the Subsea Controls Equipment and umbilicals
- Stewards the offshore Static Commissioning effort and the offshore Commissioning and Start Up of the project
- Helps Operations develop a displacement/flushing procedure for pre-start up.
- Reviews/Accepts Contractors Mechanical Completion Dossiers, and O&M Manuals, for the Subsea Controls and Umbilicals equipment.
- Assists Operations in the ongoing Installation and Commissioning of additional Wells after First Oil up to handover date.
- Compiles a Lessons Learned Dossier for Subsea Controls and Umbilicals.
- Minimum BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in subsea systems from preliminary engineering through detailed design, manufacturing and testing. Project experience strongly preferred.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work in multicultural environment
- Knowledge of EMCAPS elements and implementation
- Good interpersonal skills
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 31 /08 /2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Engineering
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|