Career Opportunities In Abuja August-September, 2012
posted on 2012-08-27 | by Admin | 2045 views
UNDP JOBS FOR SPECIAL ADVISOR (Resource Mobilization Partnerships and Donor Relations)
JOB TITLE: SPECIAL ADVISOR (RESOURCE MOBILIZATION, PARTNERSHIPS AND DONOR RELATIONS)
JOB LOCATION: ABUJA
- Develop and execute an aggressive resource mobilization strategic plan to generate financing for the agricultural transformation plan.
- Set clear resource mobilization targets for each of the value chains and meet the targets to ensure successful implementation.
- Prepare proposals for donors and development finance institutions to leverage additional resources for the agricultural transformation action plan.
- Support existing partnership and proactively identify new potential sources of fund to finance the activities of the transformation agenda
- Cultivate and manage the entire portfolio of donor partners with a view to building trust and ensuring a sustainable funding mechanism for the execution of the transformation plan
- Coordinate all the financing by external donors into the agricultural transformation agenda and provide monitoring and reporting to the donors.
- Set up a financial monitoring system for all donor funds for transparency and accountability.
- Lead the design and execution of investment forums to generate interest from foreign direct investors in Nigerian agriculture.
- Ensure (in coordination with relevant value chain team leaders and other technical staff) that high quality technical and financial reports are developed and sent promptly to donors and other relevant partner institutions.
- Develop and maintain a donor database including contact details, areas of interest/objectives, funding and contractual modalities and formats with a view to sustaining existing cordial relationships and identifying new potential funding opportunities
- Develop a capacity building programme for relevant staff of the FMARD to enhance their resource mobilization skills.
- Acts as the contact point for the Secretariat of the Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council for resource mobilization issues, including providing inputs into day-to-day communications with donor partners and financial institutions regarding grants and loans.
- Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
COMPETIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- In-depth practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation and monitoring of management projects
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
- Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or Master’s /PHD in or Agriculture or other relevant subject
- 10 years in a senior management position in agricultural or related sector in Nigeria with a government, international or private sector agency
- Remarkable track record in developing and executing strategies plans and initiatives on agriculture development/transformation ( or related sectors)
- Demonstrated track record in building, leading and managing high-performing organizations and teams.
- Exceptional experience in communicating consistently, clearly and effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of Nigeria and the ability to navigate the Nigerian system to achieve results.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application Deadline : 10-Sep-12
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Administrative
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|