Federal Ministry Of Finance Job Opportunity In Nigeria September, 2012
posted on 2012-09-13 | by Admin | 2384 views
JOBS AT FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
JOB LOCATION : ABUJA
JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN – FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE (FIRS) REF: EXEC 01
- Provide overall leadership, strategic direction and manage overall performance of the Service and the Joint Tax Board.Growing tax revenues significantly through clear and concerted efforts that will build a sustainable institution.
- Policy execution and day to day administration of the affairs of the Service.
- Overall human resource management of the Service.
- Managing the assets, liabilities and incidental obligations of the Service.
- Executing the Service’s tax administration initiatives, operations and programmes whilst ensuring high standards of integrity, accountability and transparency.
- Providing technical leadership in revenue administration and ensuring the Service actively contributes to policy direction and initiatives on tax and public sector reform.
- Working with the Federal Ministry of Finance to ensure implementation of the National Tax. Policy, review such policy as appropriate and contribute to overall fiscal policy direction as may be required.Driving ongoing and new modernization initiatives towards ensuring seamless tax administration and widening of the tax base.
- Ensuring coordination and communication within the Service and with its stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree from a recognized and accredited university possession of a Masters’ degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria or the Nigeria Bar Association will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience with a strong professional pedigree at an executive level or management position in a large and reputable organization.
- Relevant experience in tax policy formulation, tax legislation drafting and qualitative tax administration with proven track record in these areas.
- Candidate must be multi skilled in accountancy, economics, taxation, law and related fields, with relevant experience to support the provision of rounded and effective tax administration in all its ramifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology applications as it relates to the administration of taxation systems is required
- Candidate should have a passion for qualitative success and demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
- Candidate must possess excellent creative, strategic, analytical, organisational and change management skills and demonstrate strong execution and project management aptitude.
- Candidate must possess strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME (NHIS) REF: EXEC 02)
- Provide overall leadership, strategic direction and manage performance of the National Health Insurance Scheme
- Managing the Schemes budgeting process, make recommendations regarding proposed capital expenditure to the board and ensure that a framework of effective controls exist which enable risks to be assessed and managed
- Managing the day to day administration of the Scheme including policy execution and the general direction and supervision of the staff of the Scheme
- Developing and Implementing Social Health Insurance Programmes to facilitate universal coverage for all Nigerians and legal residents
- Promoting and regulating all private health insurance plans in the country
- Maintaining effective regulation over Health
- Maintenance Organisations (HMOs) and Health Care Facilities (HCFs) operating under the scheme
- Establishing a culture of collaboration and integration that enhances the provision of excellent patient care in the NHIS and improved patient satisfaction
- Financial Management of the NHIS pool of funds
- Linkages and collaborations with all arms of government (Federal and States), NGO’s,
- Development partners and other stake holders
- Carrying out such other functions as necessary and expedient for the purpose of achieving the objectives of the Scheme in accordance with NHIOS Act 1999
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate must possess a basic degree from a recognized university either in actuarial sciences or medical/health sciences plus one or more of the following :
- Post graduate qualification in a specialty or branch of insurance, particularly, health insurance
- Post graduate Fellowship or qualification in any field of medicine, Dentistry, Heath Sciences, Public Health and Management
- Post graduate qualification in Health Economics/Health Financing
- Applicants should be in the age range of 40 – 55 years
- A minimum of (15) years experience, at least 10 of which should be in the insurance industry, the National Health Insurance Scheme or in a
- Health Maintenance Organisation at a Senior
- Management level or a Consultant to the industry
- Relevant experience and skills in the health sector and vast experience in strategic planning and execution
- Proven experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to develop financial plans, manage resources, analyse and interpret financial data
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to lead and inspire others towards high levels of performance in achieving organisational goals and a passion for achieving the Scheme’s vision
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and commercial enterprises to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Ability to analyse and solve problems by understanding issues and making systematic and rational judgments based on the relevant information.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 22 / 10 / 2012
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Administrative
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|