Human Resources Vacancy In Nigera September, 2012
posted on 2012-09-18 | by Admin | 1076 views
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT JOB VACANCY AT UNDP
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT
JOB LOCATION : ABUJA
Currently UNDP Human Resources Unit is undergoing a recruitment surge for various agencies/project. In order to complete the recruitments in a timely manner the unit will require the service of a consultant to assist with sieving of applications received.
- Review all applications received on the electronic job platform
- Using the criteria listed, create a long list for all designated adverts
- Make any relevant suggestion for improvement of the screening process
- The Consultant will be accountable for the provision of the following deliverables:
- A concise longlist for each job adverts based on selection criteria.
- A final report summarizing the findings
- ompletion of longlisting within the stipulated time frame
- This assignment will be based in Abuja, Nigeria and the Individual Consultant will report to the Human Resources Specialist.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to human resources
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
PLANNING ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Required Skills and Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary School Certificate
- At least 5 years experience in HR or administrative work
- Good knowledge of HR processes.
- Prior experience of short listing candidates in a recruitment context.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application Deadline : 24-Sep-12
|Do you Like This Job Post? Why not Share it with Your Friends
Job Category: Administrative
|Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our job posts, Employment Nigeria is in no way affiliated with any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.|